Adding a CT Dental / Radiology Group
If during the three-year accreditation cycle, the entire dental/radiology group (inclusive of the Dental/Medical Director) performing interpretations for a practice is replaced by a new group, information must be submitted for the newly added dentists/physicians. Dentists/physicians that were not included in the application submission are not considered part of the accredited practice until experience and training information along with sample case study interpretations have undergone an IAC peer review. Accreditation is granted only for the practice and the dentists/physicians that have been reviewed by the IAC.
It is important to note that any changes in the dental/radiology group during this three-year cycle will expire on the original expiration date located on the accreditation certificates. For example, if the original application was submitted January 1, 2016 it will expire on January 31, 2019 regardless of the date of the additionally submitted material. If an accredited practice wishes to replace the dental/ radiology group in their current accreditation, the replacement dental/radiology group forms must be completed and submitted with any required case studies or other documentation. As well, the practice will be required to pay the fees associated with replacing a dental/radiology group.
What to Submit:
The IAC requires that facilities submit the following documentation when replacing the radiology group:
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN THE ONLINE ACCREDITATION ACCOUNT
- Enter the information for the additional (new) interpreting dentists/physicians (Dental/Medical Director / Dental/Medical Staff members) including the specific training and experience pathway for each dentist/physician (refer to the IAC Standards for Dental CT Accreditation, Part A, Section 1.1.1A (Dental/Medical Director) and 1.2.1A (Dental/Medical Staff member) for guidance.
- Mark the Dental/Medical Director and Dental/Medical Staff member(s) who are no longer performing interpretations at this facility as “deactivated”
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION (via a traceable carrier such as UPS or FedEx)
- Change in Operations Affidavit (download on the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/legal/agreement_changes.htm)
- A formal letter of notification from a person listed on the Accreditation Agreement to confirm the change of dental/radiology group
- Required documentation to support the selected training and experience pathway as outlined in the Standards (e.g., current state dental/medical practitioner license, verification of training, etc.) for each additional dentist/physician (Dental/Medical Director, Dental/Medical Staff member(s))
- Submit a total of three case studies (representing as many different additional interpreting dentists/physicians and testing areas as possible) with the final report, Dental CT Scan Parameter Form and all images on a CD, DVD, or memory stick (flash drive) for each case study. View the full case study requirements on the IAC website for guidance.
- $400 fee for the change of dental/radiology group