Adding or Replacing Dental CT Unit
An additional or replacement CT unit may be added to a practice's currently accredited site during the three-year accreditation cycle. Accreditation is granted only for the specific testing areas for which a practice has applied and submitted an application.
PLEASE NOTE: Any equipment added during the three-year accreditation cycle is considered part of the original accreditation application and will expire on the current expiration date. For example, a practice adding (or replacing) a unit in December 2017, to an application that expires on January 31, 2019, the expiration date does not change.
To add or replace a CT unit to a practice's current accreditation, the add on or replacement forms must be completed and submitted with the required case studies and other documentation. As well, the practice will be required to pay the fees associated with adding or replacing a CT unit.
Are you adding a site/imaging location and a unit to your current accreditation? If yes, click here.
What to Submit:
When a practice is replacing or adding an additional CT unit, the following is required:
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN THE ONLINE ACCREDITATION ACCOUNT
- Enter the additional CT unit information in the Manage Equipment tab and mark the prior CT unit as deactivated (if replaced)
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION (via a traceable carrier such as UPS or FedEx)
- Dental CT Replacement or Adding a Unit Form
- A formal letter of notification from the Dental/Medical Director that the practice has replaced or added a Dental CT unit
- Documentation of medical physicist/qualified expert acceptance testing performed prior to clinical use to include radiation dose assessment, image quality assessment (that includes the QC phantom images that can be in .pdf or .jpeg format) and post installation shielding verification survey.
- 5 days of routine operator quality control (QC) test results performed after the Dental CT unit was installed that includes the QC log sheet/report that records the QC measurements and corresponding phantom images that display the QC measurements. (The QC phantom images can be in a .pdf or .jpeg format.)
- 1 case study representative of each accredited testing area that includes all images on a CD, DVD, or memory stick (flash drive) in a DICOM format with the DICOM viewer installed, the final report, and a Dental CT Scan Parameter Form. View Case Studies Requirements» for guidance related to the dental CT examinations to be submitted.
- $800 fee for adding a unit