IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology - Newsroom
First Facilities to Earn IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation Recognized at HRS 2017
MAY 19, 2017 | IAC is proud to congratulate the first 13 facilities accredited by IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology. This inaugural group was recognized during the Heart Rhythm 2017 in Chicago for leading the field of cardiac electrophysiology and demonstrating their commitment to quality.
- Baptist Health Care
- CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center
- CHI Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- C. S. Mott Children’s Hospital
- Grandview Medical Center
- INOVA Heart and Vascular Fairfax
- Mercy Medical Center
- Mercy West Lakes
- Renown Regional Medical Center
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- The Valley Heart and Vascular Institute
- ValleyHealth Winchester Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
To view a video of the facilities and their achievement, click here.
Proposed Changes to IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Standards Now Open for Public Comment Through July 1, 2017
MAY 1, 2017 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce that the public now has the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the IAC Standards and Guidelines for Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation.
The Standards are reviewed periodically by the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Board of Directors and revised as needed. As a component to the accreditation process, proposed Standards that have been approved by the Board of Directors are then posted to the IAC website for a 60-day public comment period. These proposed Standards include changes to the current Standards and/or the addition of new Standards.
Beginning May 1, 2017, the public may visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#ep to comment on any of the proposed Standards until July 1, 2017. In order to provide comments, the IAC Comment Form must be completed and submitted electronically by the provided deadline.
To Submit a Comment on Proposed Standards
- Visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#ep;
- Select the proposed Cardiac Electrophysiology Standard on which to comment;
- A window will expand with the description of the Standard and the proposed change on the left;
- On the right, fill in your name and comment in the boxes provided;
- Hit Submit.
At the close of the comment period, the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Board of Directors will review any submitted comments, consider modifications as needed and vote for final approval of the Standards. Facilities are notified of changes to the published Standards, and the most current version of the Standards can be viewed or printed from the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology website at intersocietal.org/ep/seeking/cardiacep_standards.htm.
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2017)
2016 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 2-2016 | IAC Releases Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation Program - Facilities Can Now Access the Published Standards and Submit Applications
- 2-2016 | IAC Announces New Chief Executive Officer
2015 (click on the article name to view PDF)