Reimbursement & the Cardiac Electrophysiology Facility: An Overview
The IAC receives numerous phone calls and e-mails each week from individuals who are concerned with their compliance to insurance carriers’ payment policies. The IAC is currently not aware of any policies requiring or recommending IAC accreditation as a condition for reimbursement.
The IAC Does:
- Attempt to stay abreast of payment policies as a service to the cardiac electrophysiology community.
- Communicate information to facilities about payment policies (through the IAC website, articles and other mailings to facilities).
- Employ knowledgeable staff to assist facilities with basic questions about payment policies.
- Provide, upon request, the same information to insurance carriers as we publish in the accredited facility listing on the website.
The IAC Does Not:
- Establish rules or regulations for the insurance carriers.
- Have the authority to make decisions regarding implementation dates, extensions, etc.
- Have responsibility for notifying providers of cardiac electrophysiology services of payment policies.
- Enter or modify information entered under the reimbursement section of the Online Accreditation portal.