Careers - IAC
IAC Application Specialist
Title: Application Specialist
Reports to: Director of Accreditation Processes
Based at: IAC – Ellicott City, MD
Job purpose: To assist in the processing and review of accreditation application submissions and generate applicable correspondence. Provide customer support with general accreditation process inquiries.
- If not previously working in an IAC division, the individual will typically have previous office experience
- Basic office skills (to include Microsoft Word)
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to follow direction and complete tasks with limited/appropriate direct supervision
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Process written correspondence and accreditation portfolios according to policy.
- Office organization to include compiling and purging of files, archiving files and preparation of new applicant laboratory files.
- Review accreditation applications for completeness; compile lists of any missing material and request additional information from applicant laboratories.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the non-technical aspects of the IAC application/accreditation process through telephone communications, fax correspondence and e-mail. Process all requested material when returned from the applicant laboratory.
- Promote the IAC through participation in exhibiting as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of pertinent aspects of the application process, the database, applicant laboratory notification and the online portal.