Careers - IAC
IAC Chief Operating Officer
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Based at: IAC – Ellicott City, MD
Job purpose: The IAC Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide direct support to IAC’s organizational growth by developing, executing and managing processes and programs to optimize all aspects of the organization. On a day-to-day basis, the incumbent will serve on the IAC Senior Management Team, working with the departmental officers and program directors to coordinate IAC projects. On a longer-term basis the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will work as an internal partner with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in facilitating strategic execution for the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer to execute the strategic plan and operational initiatives.
- Supports the Chief Executive Officer in identifying and developing future opportunities that will compliment IAC’s strategic growth and fulfillment of the mission.
- Provides day-to-day management of existing IAC operations.
- Collaborates with the Senior Management Team (finance, marketing, IT, QI, business development and HR) to ensure that administrative and operational processes are effective and efficient.
The IAC Chief Operating Officer will work closely with the IAC Chief Executive Officer to execute the strategic plan. To assure success in this position, it will be essential that the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Executive Officer have a close, trusting and collaborative working relationship. The Chief Operating Officer must have exceptional executive skills to direct and manage highly experienced and knowledgeable departmental directors and officers across all aspects of the organization. Program management and accountability for all programmatic and procedural operations will be required to assure quality services to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical self-starter with outstanding multi-tasking, prioritization, and project management skills combined with strong sense of personal accountability and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring programs to assure the highest levels of quality and productivity.
Flexible and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while making data driven decisions.
- An understanding of the accreditation/testing/credentialing business environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Three to five years’ experience and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree is highly desirable, preferably in the field of Business, Hospital Administration or Health Policy.
- Experience in an accreditation, certification or a health related association management organization or healthcare setting in a leadership position.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is preferred.
IAC Application Specialist
Title: Application Specialist
Reports to: Director of Accreditation Processes
Based at: IAC – Ellicott City, MD
Job purpose: To assist in the processing and review of accreditation application submissions and generate applicable correspondence. Provide customer support with general accreditation process inquiries.
- If not previously working in an IAC division, the individual will typically have previous office experience
- Basic office skills (to include Microsoft Word)
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to follow direction and complete tasks with limited/appropriate direct supervision
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Process written correspondence and accreditation portfolios according to policy.
- Office organization to include compiling and purging of files, archiving files and preparation of new applicant laboratory files.
- Review accreditation applications for completeness; compile lists of any missing material and request additional information from applicant laboratories.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the non-technical aspects of the IAC application/accreditation process through telephone communications, fax correspondence and e-mail. Process all requested material when returned from the applicant laboratory.
- Promote the IAC through participation in exhibiting as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of pertinent aspects of the application process, the database, applicant laboratory notification and the online portal.