Applications submitted to the IAC must be accompanied by a completed IAC Accreditation Agreement (current published version) in order to receive an accreditation decision.
Download the IAC Agreement
Use the link below to download the IAC Accreditation Agreement:
Completing the Agreement
The following items should be given particular attention when completing the document:
- The current Agreement document must be submitted.
- Be certain to answer all questions.
- The Agreement must be appropriately signed by a person authorized to enter into the Agreement on behalf of the facility.
- There is no need to have the signatures notarized.
- If applying for accreditation with more than one of the IAC divisions (i.e., IAC Vascular Testing and IAC Echocardiography), an Agreement for each type of accreditation must be completed.
- Any changes to the Agreement must be pre-approved by the IAC and will incur a $200.00 fee. See Facilities With Changes In Agreement, Ownership or Operationsfor complete details.
To avoid any unnecessary delay in notification of, or a lapse in, your accreditation status, please take care to review each page of the Agreement before returning it and the appropriate application fees.
Making Changes to the IAC Agreement
A facility experiencing a change of name, change of ownership, or change in operations, or those requiring changes of any kind to their IAC Agreement must notify the IAC. For information and complete instructions, see Facilities With Changes In Agreement, Ownership or Operations.
HIPAA Compliance and the IAC Agreement
To ensure compliance with the regulations set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Accreditation Agreement includes a Business Associate Agreement (BA) defining the IAC as a "business associate" and defining its duties and obligations as such.
For facilities using any Business Associate Agreement other than the IAC Business Associate Agreement, the Addendum to Business Associate Agreement must be completed. Click on the link below to download the Addendum to Business Associate Agreement.