Adding a MRI Radiology Group
If during the three-year accreditation cycle, the entire radiology group (inclusive of the Medical Director) performing interpretations for a facility is replaced by a new group, information must be submitted for the newly added physicians. Physicians that were not included in the application submission are not considered part of the accredited facility until experience and training information along with sample case study interpretations have undergone an IAC peer review. Accreditation is granted only for the facility and the physicians that have been reviewed by the IAC.
It is important to note that any changes in the radiology group during this three-year cycle will expire on the original expiration date located on the accreditation certificates. For example, if the original application was submitted January 1, 2016 it will expire on January 31, 2019 regardless of the date of the additionally submitted material. If an accredited facility wishes to replace the radiology group in their current accreditation, the replacement radiology group forms must be completed and submitted with any required case studies or other documentation. As well, the facility will be required to pay the fees associated with replacing a radiology group.
What to Submit:
The IAC requires that facilities submit the following documentation when replacing the radiology group:
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN THE ONLINE ACCREDITATION ACCOUNT
- Enter the new interpreting physicians as a Medical Director or Medical Staff members in the Manage Staff tab and mark the prior (replaced) interpreting physicians as a Medical Director or Medical Staff members as deactivated.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION (via a traceable carrier such as UPS or FedEx)
- Change in Operations Affidavit (download on the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/legal/agreement_changes.htm)
- MRI Radiology Group Replacement Form
- Formal notification (letter) of radiology group replacement (signed by person listed on Accreditation Agreement and/or the Technical Director)
- Three case studies (representing as many different physicians and testing areas as possible) that includes all images on a CD, DVD, or memory stick (flash drive) in a DICOM format with the DICOM viewer installed, the final report, and a MRI Scan Parameter Form. View Case Studies Requirements» for guidance related to the types of MRI examinations to be submitted.
- $400 fee for replacing radiology group