IAC Nuclear/PET - Newsroom
The following are recent announcements from the IAC.
IAC Nuclear/PET Announces New Case Study Requirements
FEWER CASE STUDIES NOW REQUIRED
MAY 2015 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce several updates to the IAC Nuclear/PET case study requirements that became effective this spring. In summary:
GENERAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE:
- Areas of General Nuclear Medicine have been combined (e.g., Musculoskeletal System/Infection Imaging/Tumor and Central Nervous System/Pulmonary System/Hematopoietic, Reticuloendothelial, Lymphatic), with only two cases now required per each grouping. For a facility applying for General Nuclear Medicine accreditation for more than type, this results in 12 case studies being required rather than the previous number of 22.
- Facilities applying for RMPI accreditation are now required to submit four studies (reduced from five), of which one may be normal. In addition, there is now more flexibility related to abnormal case selection and the requirement to submit two abnormal case studies from each interpreting physician is no longer in place.
The evaluation of case studies continues to be a critical aspect of the accreditation process, allowing the IAC to assess both the interpretative and technical quality of the level of patient care provided by the facility. However after thorough evaluation, the Board of Directors determined that assessing the quality of the facility can be accomplished with less case studies, equating to less of a burden on the applicant facility. As an accreditation organization, IAC Nuclear/PET is committed to maintaining a program that balances the changing needs of both the nuclear medicine community and the general public by influencing the quality of patient care provided.
To review a complete list of the current case study requirements for IAC Nuclear/PET, please visit intersocietal.org/nuclear/seeking/case_studies.htm. The IAC staff is happy to answer questions about these revised case study requirement via phone 800-838-2110 or e-mail (visit our staff directory at intersocietal.org/nuclear/main/contact_us.htm).
IAC Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Management System and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Certifications
JANUARY 15, 2015 | The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) announced today that it is the first organization to achieve integrated management system certification (9001:2008 and 27001:2013); accredited against ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and International Accreditation Forum (IAF) standards.
ISO 9001:2008 is process-based, a certification that recognizes organizations that can link business objectives with operating effectiveness. ISO 27001:2013 recognizes organizations that establish and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2015)
2014 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 6-2014 | Pre-Submission Case Requirements Check Now Available
- 4-2014 | Enhancements to Online Accreditation
- 2-2014 | IAC Changes Fee Structure for Multiple Sites
2013 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 10-2013 | Congratulations to IAC Forum Essay Winners
- 10-2013 | IAC Earns ISO 9001:2008 and 27001:2005 Certifications
- 6-2013 | Now Available! Lapel Pins, Embroidered Patches & Patient Information Brochures for Accredited Facilities
- 5-2013 | Minnesota Facilities, Hospitals Furnishing ADI Services Must Be Accredited By 8/1/2013
- 2-2013 | IAC Announces Proposal Acceptance for 2013 Research Award Program and Broadens Eligibility
- 2-2013 | Changes to the IAC Nuclear/PET Board of Directors
- 1-2013 | Updates to Online Accreditation Allow Facilities to View Financial Details, Order Promotional Items
2012 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 8-15-2012 | IAC Releases 2012 Standards and Guidelines for Nuclear/PET Accreditation
- 8-1-2012 | IAC to Release Newly Formatted Standards for Vascular Testing, Echocardiography, Nuclear/PET, MRI and CT Facilities
- 5-1-2012 | AAPM: IAC Nuclear/PET Welcomes New Sponsoring Organization
- 5-15-2012 | Facilities Can Now View Letters, ARF Documents Online
- 5-30-2012 | IAC Provides New Standards and Resources to Help Clarify Policy Requirements
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Changes Division Names, Streamlines Accreditation Process
- 2-1-2012 | ICANL Is Now IAC Nuclear/PET and the Accreditation Process Has Evolved!
- 2-1-2012 | Accredited Facilities Can Now Download Marketing Materials Online
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Launches New Website for Nuclear/PET Laboratories
- 1-2012 | Geoffrey Rose, MD, FACC, FASE Appointed Chairperson of IAC
2011 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-2011 | Is Your Facility Impacted by the Jan 1. CMS Accreditation Mandate? Enter Your NPI Numbers Immediately
2010 (click on the article name to view PDF)