IAC Nuclear/PET - Newsroom
Proposed Changes to IAC Nuclear/PET Standards Now Open for Public Comment - THIS COMMENT PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
APRIL 1, 2016 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce that the public now has the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the IAC Standards and Guidelines for Nuclear/PET Accreditation.
A substantial change to the IAC Nuclear/PET Standards regarding the required radiopharmaceutical activities and their corresponding radiation effective doses is proposed. To read background on this change, please visit intersocietal.org/nuclear/main/dose.htm.
The Standards are reviewed periodically by the IAC Nuclear/PET Board of Directors and revised as needed. As a component to the accreditation process, proposed Standards that have been approved by the Board of Directors are then posted to the IAC website for a 60-day public comment period. These proposed Standards include changes to the current Standards, the removal of current Standards and/or the addition of new Standards.
Beginning April 1st, 2016, the public may visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#nuclear to comment on any of the proposed Standards until June 1st, 2016. In order to provide comments, the IAC Comment Form must be completed and submitted electronically by the provided deadline.
To Submit a Comment on Proposed Standards:
- Visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#nuclear;
- Select the proposed Nuclear/PET Standard on which to comment;
- A window will expand with the description of the Standard and the proposed change on the left;
- On the right, fill in your name and comment in the boxes provided;
- Hit Submit.
At the close of the comment period, the IAC Nuclear/PET Board of Directors will review any submitted comments, consider modifications as needed and vote for final approval of the Standards. Facilities are notified of changes to the published Standards, and the most current version of the Standards can be viewed or printed from the IAC Nuclear/PET website at intersocietal.org/nuclear/main/nuclear_standards.htm.
IAC Announces New Chief Executive Officer
FEBRUARY 29, 2016 | The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) announces that their Board of Directors has appointed Mary Lally, MS, CAE, as Chief Executive Officer. As CEO, Ms. Lally succeeds Sandra Katanick, retiring as IAC’s founding CEO since 1991.
“We are pleased to announce this appointment,” said Raymond Stainback, MD, FACC, FASE. IAC Chairperson. “Mary will bring leadership and clinical expertise to this important role. Having served the IAC for more than eight years, she has demonstrated her skills through programmatic and leadership development. She brings a wealth of perspective and experience.”
Bringing to the position a unique combined background of clinical expertise and association management experience, Ms. Lally possesses both a Master’s degree in Radiation Health Physics as well as the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential.
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2016)
2015 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 5-2015 | IAC Nuclear/PET Announces New Case Study Requirements
- 1-2015 | IAC Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Management System and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Certifications
2014 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 6-2014 | Pre-Submission Case Requirements Check Now Available
- 4-2014 | Enhancements to Online Accreditation
- 2-2014 | IAC Changes Fee Structure for Multiple Sites
2013 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 10-2013 | Congratulations to IAC Forum Essay Winners
- 10-2013 | IAC Earns ISO 9001:2008 and 27001:2005 Certifications
- 6-2013 | Now Available! Lapel Pins, Embroidered Patches & Patient Information Brochures for Accredited Facilities
- 5-2013 | Minnesota Facilities, Hospitals Furnishing ADI Services Must Be Accredited By 8/1/2013
- 2-2013 | IAC Announces Proposal Acceptance for 2013 Research Award Program and Broadens Eligibility
- 2-2013 | Changes to the IAC Nuclear/PET Board of Directors
- 1-2013 | Updates to Online Accreditation Allow Facilities to View Financial Details, Order Promotional Items
2012 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 8-15-2012 | IAC Releases 2012 Standards and Guidelines for Nuclear/PET Accreditation
- 8-1-2012 | IAC to Release Newly Formatted Standards for Vascular Testing, Echocardiography, Nuclear/PET, MRI and CT Facilities
- 5-1-2012 | AAPM: IAC Nuclear/PET Welcomes New Sponsoring Organization
- 5-15-2012 | Facilities Can Now View Letters, ARF Documents Online
- 5-30-2012 | IAC Provides New Standards and Resources to Help Clarify Policy Requirements
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Changes Division Names, Streamlines Accreditation Process
- 2-1-2012 | ICANL Is Now IAC Nuclear/PET and the Accreditation Process Has Evolved!
- 2-1-2012 | Accredited Facilities Can Now Download Marketing Materials Online
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Launches New Website for Nuclear/PET Laboratories
- 1-2012 | Geoffrey Rose, MD, FACC, FASE Appointed Chairperson of IAC
2011 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-2011 | Is Your Facility Impacted by the Jan 1. CMS Accreditation Mandate? Enter Your NPI Numbers Immediately
2010 (click on the article name to view PDF)