Reimbursement & the Nuclear/PET Facility: An Overview
The IAC receives numerous phone calls and e-mails each week from individuals who are concerned with their compliance to insurance carriers’ payment policies. Over the past few years, several states have adopted payment policies for the reimbursement of nuclear/PET procedures, requiring either credentialing of individuals performing examinations or accreditation of the facility.
A listing of payment policies of which the IAC is currently aware can be found on this website under Payment Policies.
The IAC Does:
- Attempt to stay abreast of payment policies as a service to the nuclear/PET community.
- Communicate information to facilities about payment policies (through the IAC website, articles and other mailings to facilities).
- Employ knowledgeable staff to assist facilities with basic questions about payment policies.
- Provide, upon request, the same information to insurance carriers as we publish in the accredited facility listing on the website.
The IAC Does Not:
- Establish rules or regulations for the insurance carriers.
- Have the authority to make decisions regarding implementation dates, extensions, etc.
- Have responsibility for notifying providers of nuclear/PET testing services of payment policies.
- Enter or modify information entered under the reimbursement section of the Online Accreditation portal.