Multiple Sites - Vascular Testing
Facilities applying for accreditation with multiple sites may be eligible for a discounted rate and are encouraged to contact the IAC for more information. Facilities already accredited by the IAC may add multiple sites to their current accreditation at any time. Please review instructions and requirements below for how to complete this process.
Multiple site refers to either fixed or mobile testing sites operated by one entity and applying for accreditation under one accreditation agreement and application. The following criteria must be met without exception in order to apply as multiple sites:
- All sites must have the same Medical Director and Technical Director.
- All physicians interpreting any vascular examinations at any of the sites must be included in the application for accreditation.
- All technologists performing any vascular testing at any of the sites must be included in the application for accreditation.
- All physicians and technologists from all sites must participate together in quality assurance and education programs.
- The Technical Director rotates to all sites a minimum of two full days per month for supervision of the technical staff; OR every technical staff member from each remote site works at the primary site two full days per month; OR an appropriately credentialed lead technologist is appointed at each remote site to report to the Technical Director.
- All sites must have the same diagnostic criteria.
- All sites must have identical protocols.
- All sites must have the same level of equipment.
$1,200 per site for sites 2-3
$960 per site for sites 4-10 (20% discount)
$750 per site for each site over 10
Facilities with more than 20 sites, please e-mail Frank Vermeiren for additional information regarding multiple site pricing options.
Primary Examination (for each testing section the facility is applying in) | 1 Abnormal
Facilities Seeking First-Time IAC Accreditation with Multiple Sites
Facilities applying for accreditation with multiple sites enter the information for their locations on the Manage Sites tab of their Online Accreditation account (iaconlineaccreditation.org). Before a user may enter additional sites, there is a series of qualifying questions that ensure the eligibility of the facility to apply as a multiple site. The accreditation decision will be rendered to each site individually. All correspondence will go through the address listed on the IAC Accreditation Agreement. If there are any medical or technical staff at the additional site that were not included as part of the original application, the facility’s Online Accreditation account (Manage Staff) must be updated to reflect all current staff members. Sites are not considered accredited until the documents have been reviewed, fees have been submitted and accreditation has been granted.
Adding A Multiple Site to an Existing IAC Accreditation
Accredited facilities wanting to add a multiple site must submit the completed Multiple Site Supplemental Application via traceable mail (i.e., UPS, FedEx) to IAC Vascular Testing, (6021 University Blvd, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD, 21043). Upon receipt of all required materials, the accreditation decision will be made at the next monthly IAC Board of Director’s meeting. If the added multiple site is accepted into the facility's accreditation, accreditation for the added multiple site will expire when the facility’s original accreditation expires