IAC Vascular Testing - Newsroom
IAC Releases Updates to Vascular Testing Standards - New Standards Effective January 1, 2017
JULY 18, 2016 | As an accreditation organization, IAC Vascular Testing is committed to maintaining a program that balances the changing needs of both the vascular testing community and the general public by influencing the quality of patient care provided. The IAC Standards and Guidelines for Vascular Testing Accreditation are the most important component of that commitment. Composed by physicians and technologists from the IAC sponsoring organizations, the Standards are reviewed periodically by the Board of Directors and revised as needed.
As a component of the accreditation process, the IAC Vascular Testing Board of Directors preliminarily approved the proposed Standards which were posted to the IAC Vascular Testing website for a 60-day public comment period from April 15 to June 15, 2016. Following careful review and consideration of the comments received, the Board of Directors voted final approval of the Standards.
Key Revisions to the Standards
Key modifications or additions are shown in the current Standards in highlighting and include:
- Technical Staff Required Training and Experience (Applicable Standard 220.127.116.11A)
- Peripheral Arterial Testing - Documentation (Applicable Standard 3.9.4B)
- Peripheral Venous Testing - Techniques (Applicable Standard 4.4.1B)
- Peripheral Venous Testing - Documentation (Applicable Standard 4.7.6B)
Standards that are highlighted are content changes that were made as part of the July 18, 2016 revision. These Standards will become effective on January 1, 2017. Facilities applying for accreditation after January 1, 2017 must comply with these new highlighted Standards.
Proposed Changes to IAC Vascular Testing Standards Now Open for Public Comment Through June 15th - THIS COMMENT PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
APRIL 15, 2016 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce that the public now has the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the IAC Standards and Guidelines for Vascular Testing Accreditation.
The Standards are reviewed periodically by the IAC Vascular Testing Board of Directors and revised as needed. As a component to the accreditation process, proposed Standards that have been approved by the Board of Directors are then posted to the IAC website for a 60-day public comment period. These proposed Standards include changes to the current Standards, the removal of current Standards and/or the addition of new Standards.
Beginning April 15th, 2016, the public may visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#vascular to comment on any of the proposed Standards until June 15th, 2016. In order to provide comments, the IAC Comment Form must be completed and submitted electronically by the provided deadline.
To Submit a Comment on Proposed Standards
- Visit the IAC website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment_period.htm#vascular;
- Select the proposed Vascular Testing Standard on which to comment;
- A window will expand with the description of the Standard and the proposed change on the left;
- On the right, fill in your name and comment in the boxes provided;
- Hit Submit.
At the close of the comment period, the IAC Vascular Testing Board of Directors will review any submitted comments, consider modifications as needed and vote for final approval of the Standards. Facilities are notified of changes to the published Standards, and the most current version of the Standards can be viewed or printed from the IAC Vascular Testing website at intersocietal.org/vascular/main/vascular_standards.htm.
IAC Announces New Chief Executive Officer
FEBRUARY 29, 2016 | The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) announces that their Board of Directors has appointed Mary Lally, MS, CAE, as Chief Executive Officer. As CEO, Ms. Lally succeeds Sandra Katanick, retiring as IAC’s founding CEO since 1991.
“We are pleased to announce this appointment,” said Raymond Stainback, MD, FACC, FASE. IAC Chairperson. “Mary will bring leadership and clinical expertise to this important role. Having served the IAC for more than eight years, she has demonstrated her skills through programmatic and leadership development. She brings a wealth of perspective and experience.”
Bringing to the position a unique combined background of clinical expertise and association management experience, Ms. Lally possesses both a Master’s degree in Radiation Health Physics as well as the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential.
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2016)
2015 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 8-2015 | IAC Vascular Testing Releases Updates to Standards - New Quality Improvement Requirements Effective February 3, 2016
- 4-2015 | Proposed Changes to IAC Vascular Testing Standards Now Open for Public Comment - COMMENT PERIOD NOW CLOSED
- 2-2015 | IAC Vascular Testing Releases Updates to Standards
- 1-2015 | IAC Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Management System and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Certifications
2014 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-2014 | IAC Staff Recognized at Society for Vascular Ultrasound's 2014 Annual Conference
- 11-2014 | Proposed Changes to IAC Vascular Testing Standards Now Open for Public Comment- CLOSED
- 9-2014 | VALUE Study Reports on Accreditation Status and Location of Outpatient Vascular Testing Facilities Among Medicare Beneficiaries
- 6-2014 | Pre-Submission Case Requirements Check Now Available
- 4-2014 | Enhancements to Online Accreditation
- 2-2014 | IAC Changes Fee Structure for Multiple Sites
- 1-2014 | IAC Stenosis Diagnostic Criteria White Paper
2013 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 10-2013 | Congratulations to IAC Forum Essay Winners
- 10-2013 | IAC Earns ISO 9001:2008 and 27001:2005 Certifications
- 6-2013 | Now Available! Lapel Pins, Embroidered Patches & Patient Information Brochures for Accredited Facilities
- 3-2013 | Proposed Changes to IAC Standards for Vascular Testing Accreditation Now Open For Public Comment - CLOSED
- 2-2013 | Changes to the IAC Vascular Board of Directors
- 2-2013 | IAC Announces Proposal Acceptance for 2013 Research Award Program and Broadens Eligibility
- 1-2013 | Updates to Online Accreditation Allow Facilities to View Financial Details, Order Promotional Items
- 1-2013 | IAC Vascular Testing Releases Minor Changes to Standards
2012 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 9-5-2012 | Proposed Changes to Standards Now Open for Public Comment
- 8-15-2012 | IAC Releases 2012 Standards and Guidelines for Vascular Testing Accreditation
- 8-1-2012 | IAC to Release Newly Formatted Standards for Vascular Testing, Echocardiography, Nuclear/PET, MRI and CT Facilities
- 5-1-2012 | Proposed Changes to Standards Now Open for Public Comment
- 5-15-2012 | Facilities Can Now View Letters, ARF Documents Online
- 5-30-2012 | IAC Provides New Standards and Resources to Help Clarify Policy Requirements
- 3-2012 | IAC Releases Upgrade to Online Accreditation Application
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Changes Division Names, Streamlines Accreditation Process
- 2-1-2012 | ICAVL Is Now IAC Vascular Testing and the Accreditation Process Has Evolved!
- 2-1-2012 | Accredited Facilities Can Now Download Marketing Materials Online
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Launches New Website for Vascular Laboratories
- 1-2012 | Geoffrey Rose, MD, FACC, FASE Appointed Chairperson of IAC
2011 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 12-2011 | IAC Announces Changes to Case Study Requirements
- 12-2011 | IAC Releases New Version of Online Application
- 11-2011 | Enhancement to Online Accreditation Allows Facilities to Enter and Store NPI Data and/or Medicare Enrollment Numbers
2010 (click on the article name to view PDF)