IAC Carotid Stenting - Newsroom
IAC Releases Update to Carotid Stenting Standards
APRIL 15, 2019 | As an accreditation organization, IAC Carotid Stenting is committed to maintaining a program that balances the changing needs of both the carotid stenting community and the general public by influencing the quality of patient care provided. The IAC Standards for Carotid Stenting Accreditationare the most important component of that commitment. Composed by physicians, physicists and technologists from the IAC sponsoring organizations, the Standards are reviewed periodically by the Board of Directors and revised as needed.
As a component of the accreditation process, the IAC Carotid Stenting Board of Directors preliminarily approved the proposed Standardswhich were posted to the IAC Carotid Stenting website for a 60-day public comment period from January 17 to March 17, 2019. Following careful review and consideration of the comments received, the Board of Directors voted final approval of the Standards.
Access the Standards
Download the new Standards on the IAC Carotid Stenting website (intersocietal.org/carotid/ seeking/carotid_standards.htm).
Key Revisions to the Standards
Key modifications or additions are shown in the current Standards in highlighting and include:
- Procedure Requirements (Applicable Standards 1.4.5B, 1.4.6B)
- QI Documentation (Applicable Standards 1.2.2.C, 1.2.3C)
- Outcome Measures: Technical(Applicable Standard 18.104.22.168C)
Standards that are highlighted are content changes that were made as part of the April 15, 2019 revision. These Standards will are effective immediately. Facilities applying for accreditation after April 15, 2019 must comply with these new highlighted Standards.
Proposed Changes to IAC Carotid Stenting Standards Open for Public Comment - Comments May Be Submitted Through March 17, 2019
JANUARY 17, 2019 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce that the public has the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the IAC Standards for Carotid Stenting Accreditation.
The Standards are reviewed periodically by the IAC Carotid Stenting Board of Directors and revised as needed. As a component to the accreditation process, proposed Standards that have been approved by the Board of Directors are then posted to the IAC website for a 60-day public comment period. These proposed Standards include changes to the current Standards and/or the addition of new Standards.
To Submit a Comment on Proposed Standards
- Visit the IAC comment period website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment _period.htm.
- To review the proposed Standards, select any of the PDFs available for download to view the proposed Standards for that section.
- Scroll down and click on the Standards section that you wish to comment on.
- A list of the Standards open for comment is listed on the left. From the drop-down menu on the right, select the Standard Section you wish to comment on.
- In the boxes provided, fill in your name and type in your comment for that section.
- Hit Submit
At the close of the comment period, the IAC Carotid Stenting Board of Directors will review all submitted comments, consider modifications as needed and vote for final approval of the Standards.
The new Standards will be posted to the IAC Carotid Stenting website and available for download at intersocietal.org/carotid/ seeking/carotid_standards.htm.
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2018)
2016 (click on the article name to view PDF)
2015 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 1-2015 | IAC Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Management System and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Certifications
2014 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 7-2014 | IAC Carotid Stenting Releases Updates to Standards
- 3-2014 | Proposed Changes to IAC Carotid Stenting Standards Now Open for Comment- CLOSED
2013 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 10-2013 | Congratulations to IAC Forum Essay Winners
- 10-2013 | IAC Earns ISO 9001:2008 and 27001:2005 Certifications
- 9-2013 | Proposed Changes to IAC Standards for Carotid Stenting Accreditation Now Open for Public Comment- CLOSED
- 6-2013 | Now Available! Lapel Pins, Embroidered Patches & Patient Information Brochures for Accredited Facilities
- 6-2013 | Carotid Stenting Program Now Accepting Online Applications
2012 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-15-2012 | IAC Releases 2012 Standards for Carotid Stenting Accreditation
- 9-5-2012 | Proposed Changes to IAC Standards Now Open For Public Comment
- 8-1-2012 | IAC to Release Newly Formatted Standards for Vascular Testing, Echocardiography, Nuclear/PET, MRI and CT Facilities
- 2-1-2012 | IAC Changes Division Names, Streamlines Accreditation Process
- 2-1-2012 | ICACSF Is Now IAC Carotid Stenting and the Accreditation Process Has Evolved!
- 1-2012 | Geoffrey Rose, MD, FACC, FASE Appointed Chairperson of IAC
2011 (click on the article name to view PDF)