About IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization Accreditation
The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredits facilities that perform cardiovascular catheterization procedures by ensuring that the facility meets benchmarks for quality based on resources, training and outcomes. IAC accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
The IAC provides facility accreditation specific to cardiovascular catheterization procedures in the following areas:
- Adult Diagnostic Catheterization
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Valve Interventions
- Structural Heart Interventions
- Complex Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD)
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Catheterization
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle: The application fee covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Accreditation Process: Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Application Review: The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
Accreditation Decisions: After the review process has been completed, the facility will be notified of the accreditation decision via a notification letter that may be downloaded from the Online Accreditation portal. Read more»
Sponsoring Organizations: Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP), Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) and Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
Join the IAC Mailing List: Get important information from the IAC delivered directly to your inbox! Receive important news in your inbox, receive invitations for live webinars and learn about other important IAC updates. Sign up»
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Cardiovascular Cath
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool