About IAC CT Accreditation
IAC CT accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC CT accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
Types of Accreditation Offered
- coronary calcium scoring CT
- coronary CTA
- neurological CT [brain, acute stroke brain, spine]
- maxillofacial CT [sinus, temporal bone, facial bone, orbits, mandibular]*
- body CT [soft tissue neck, chest (non-coronary), low dose CT (LDCT) lung cancer screening, abdomen, pelvis, extremity]*
- vascular CTA [neurovascular (including carotids), chest (non-coronary), abdomen, pelvis, peripheral/extremity]
*Facilities utilizing a cone beam CT scanner may apply for accreditation under these areas.
Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC CT accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review.
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle
The $3,100 application fee (includes one unit and ALL six CT testing areas) covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Application Review & Decisions
The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
- Upcoming Accreditation Webinars (Free CE Credit)
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - CT
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME / CE Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool
- Sponsoring Organizations