Case Study Requirements - CT
Applicant facilities must submit six case studies for each CT scanner for review of the interpretive and technical (clinical image) quality. Each case study to be submitted must have been performed within 12 months prior to the date of submission of the application and must contain:
- the final report;
- a completed CT Scan Parameter Form; and
- all images (source and reconstructed) that have been reviewed by the interpreting physician.
The case studies to be submitted must demonstrate an extensive variety of CT examinations that include:
- all testing areas selected in the application (e.g., Coronary Calcium Scoring CT; Coronary CTA; Neurological CT and Acute Stroke; Maxillofacial CT Body CT and Low Dose CT [LDCT] Lung Cancer Screening; and Vascular CTA).
- e.g., If your facility is applying in one testing area, you must submit six case studies for that testing area. If your facility is applying in two testing areas, you must submit three cases for each testing area.
- as many different CT examinations performed at the facility for each testing area selected
- e.g., neurological CT - brain, lumbar spine, cervical spine, etc.; body CT - abdomen, chest, extremity, etc.
- as many different medical staff members who interpret CT examinations and technical staff members who perform CT examinations. All case studies to be submitted must have been interpreted and performed by current medical and technical staff members. At least one case study interpreted by the Medical Director must be submitted.
- some type of pathology
Case Study Requirements (Listed by Testing Area)
Submitting Case Studies / Corresponding Materials
During final submission, the payment method will be selected, and you will be instructed to upload the case study images and fee (if paid by check) within 5 business days.
Effective January 1, 2021, shipped case study materials are no longer accepted. Facilities are now required to upload all materials through IAC’s HIPAA-compliant, secure medical imaging sharing service. View Instructions»
For more details on uploading cases, please visit www.intersocietal.org/case-uploads.
All materials submitted to the IAC will be handled with strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Read more in the Agreement section of the IAC website»