About IAC Dental CT Accreditation
The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredits practices specific to Dental CT. IAC accreditation is a means by which practices can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Dental CT accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision. Varying per modality and practice setting, IAC Dental CT accreditation is required in some U.S. states and regions, by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and by numerous private insurers (read more in payment policies section»).
Types of Accreditation Offered: Maxillofacial CT
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle: The application fee covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Accreditation Process: Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Dental CT accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, practices conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, practices utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Application Review & Decisions: The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the practice. After the review process has been completed, the practice will be notified of the accreditation decision via a notification letter that may be downloaded from the Online Accreditation portal. Read more»
Sponsoring Organizations: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (AAOMR); American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS).
For information about the Dental CT Accreditation program, download the Dental CT FAQ»
Join the IAC Mailing List: Get important information from the IAC delivered directly to your inbox! Receive important news in your inbox, receive invitations for live webinars and learn about other important IAC updates. Sign up»
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Dental CT
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CE Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool