Multiple Sites - Dental CT
Practices applying for accreditation with multiple sites may be eligible for a discounted rate. practices already accredited by the IAC may add multiple sites to their current accreditation at any time. Please review instructions and requirements below for how to complete this process.
Multiple site refers to either fixed or mobile testing sites operated by one entity and applying for accreditation under one accreditation agreement and application. The following criteria must be met without exception in order to apply as multiple sites:
- All practices have the same Dental/Medical Director
- All Dental CT examinations are interpreted by dental/medical staff included in the application.
- All Dental CT examinations are performed by technical staff included in the application.
- All dental practices utilize the same medical physicist or qualified expert.
- Technical and interpretive quality assessment must be evaluated for all CT testing sites.
$1,325 per site for sites 2-3
$1,085 per site for sites 4-10 (20% discount)
$875 per site for each site over 10
Facilities with more than 20 sites, please e-mail Frank Vermeiren for additional information regarding multiple site pricing options.
Six case studies must be submitted for each CT unit at each site that include all images on a CD, DVD, or memory stick (flash drive) in a DICOM format with the DICOM viewer installed, the final report, and a Dental CT Scan Parameter Form. View Case Studies Requirements for guidance related to the Dental CT examinations to be submitted.
Practices Seeking First-Time IAC Accreditation with Multiple Sites
Practices applying for accreditation with multiple sites enter the information for their locations on the Manage Sites tab of their Online Accreditation account (iaconlineaccreditation.org). Before a user may enter additional sites, there is a series of qualifying questions that ensure the eligibility of the practice to apply as a multiple site. The accreditation decision will be rendered to each site individually. All correspondence will go through the address listed on the IAC Accreditation Agreement. If there are any dental/medical or technical staff at the additional site that were not included as part of the original application, the practice’s Online Accreditation account (Manage Staff) must be updated to reflect all current staff members. Sites are not considered accredited until the documents have been reviewed, fees have been submitted and accreditation has been granted.
Adding A Multiple Site to an Existing IAC Accreditation:
Accredited practices wanting to add a multiple site must submit the completed Multiple Site Supplemental Application via traceable mail (i.e., UPS, FedEx) to IAC Dental CT, 6021 University Blvd, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD, 21043). Upon receipt of all required materials, the accreditation decision will be made at the next monthly IAC Board of Director’s meeting. If the added multiple site is accepted into the practice’s accreditation, accreditation for the added multiple site will expire when the practice’s original accreditation expires.
In addition to the Multiple Site Supplemental Application, the following items must be completed online and documentation must be submitted:
Complete the following items in the Online Accreditation account:
- Enter the additional site(s) in the Manage Sites section of the Online Accreditation Account
- Enter the additional Dental CT unit(s) information in the Manage Equipment section
- Enter all additional dental/medical staff members and technical staff members in the Manage Staff section (if appropriate)
Submit the following documentation (via a traceable carrier such as UPS or FedEx):
- Dental CT Replacement or Adding a Unit Form
- A formal letter of notification from the Dental/Medical Director that the practice has replaced or added a Dental CT unit.
- Documentation of medical physicist/qualified expert acceptance testing performed prior to clinical use to include radiation dose assessment, image quality assessment (that includes the QC phantom images that can be in a .pdf or .jpeg format) and a post installation shielding verification survey.
- 5 days of routine operator quality control (QC) test results performed after the Dental CT unit was installed that includes the QC log sheet/report that records the QC measurements and corresponding phantom images that display the QC measurements (the QC phantom images can be in a .pdf or .jpeg format)
- Case Studies (as detailed above)
- Multiple Site Fee (as indicated above)
Download a checklist outlining the requirements here.