About IAC Echocardiography Accreditation
The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredits imaging facilities specific to echocardiography. IAC accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Echocardiography accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision. Varying per modality and practice setting, IAC Echocardiography accreditation is required in some U.S. states and regions, by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and by numerous private insurers (read more in payment policies section»).
Types of Accreditation Offered: adult transthoracic; adult transesophageal; adult stress; pediatric transthoracic; pediatric transesophageal; fetal
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle: The application fee covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Accreditation Process: Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Echocardiography accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Application Review & Decisions: The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. After the review process has been completed, the facility will be notified of the accreditation decision via a notification letter that may be downloaded from the Online Accreditation portal. Read more»
Sponsoring Organizations: American Society of Echocardiography (ASE); Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (SCA); Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS); Society of Pediatric Echocardiography (SOPE).
Join the IAC Mailing List: Get important information from the IAC delivered directly to your inbox! Receive important news in your inbox, receive invitations for live webinars and learn about other important IAC updates. Sign up»
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Echocardiography
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool