Multiple Sites - Echocardiography
Facilities applying for accreditation with multiple sites may be eligible for a discounted rate and are encouraged to contact the IAC for more information. Facilities already accredited by the IAC may add multiple sites to their current accreditation at any time. Please review instructions and requirements below for how to complete this process.
Multiple site refers to either fixed or mobile testing sites operated by one entity and applying for accreditation under one accreditation agreement and application. EACH one of the following criteria must be met without exception in order to apply as multiple sites:
- All sites must have the same Medical Director and Technical Director.
- All physicians performing and/or interpreting any echocardiograms at any of the sites must be included in the application for accreditation in the Organization section.
- All sonographers performing any echocardiograms at any of the sites must be included in the application for accreditation.
- All physicians and sonographers from all sites must participate together in quality assurance and education programs.
- The sites all must have identical protocols.
$1,325 per site for sites 2-3
$1,085 per site for sites 4-10 (20% discount)
$875 per site for each site over 10
Facilities with more than 20 sites, please e-mail Frank Vermeiren for additional information regarding multiple site pricing options.
If an application includes one or more multiple sites, the following cases are required in addition to the base facility case studies outlined for each testing area:
- 1 abnormal TTE (AS or LV case*) from each site.
- 1 representative Adult TEE case and its final report for each physician that performs TEE at the multiple site, unless previously represented at the main site (if applicable).
- 1 stress echocardiogram from each site. Any one of the following types of cases are acceptable for submission; abnormal wall motion at rest due to coronary artery disease or myocardial infarction, inducible wall motion abnormality due to coronary artery disease or myocardial infarction or a stress case using contrast (may be normal or abnormal).
*LV are cases of regional wall motion abnormalities due to coronary artery disease or myocardial infarction, not global LV dysfunction or diastolic dysfunction cases. Cases demonstrating Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (stress cardiomyopathy) with regional abnormalities will also be accepted. AS cases must be native valvular AS with a velocity of at least 2 m/sec.
- 1 abnormal PTTE; any one of the following types of cases are acceptable for submission; shunt, simple obstruction or complex defect.
- 1 representative PTEE case and its final report for each physician that performs PTEE at the multiple site, unless previously represented at the main site.
- 1 abnormal fetal case study from each site (if applicable); any one of the following case types is acceptable for submission; complex defect, fetal arrhythmia, shunt, simple obstruction, or hypoplastic ventricle.
Facilities Seeking First-Time IAC Accreditation with Multiple Sites
Facilities applying for accreditation with multiple sites enter the information for their locations on the Manage Sites tab of their Online Accreditation account (iaconlineaccreditation.org). Before a user may enter additional sites, there is a series of qualifying questions that ensure the eligibility of the facility to apply as a multiple site. The accreditation decision will be rendered to each site individually. All correspondence will go through the address listed on the IAC Accreditation Agreement. If there are any medical or technical staff at the additional site that were not included as part of the original application, the facility’s Online Accreditation account (Manage Staff) must be updated to reflect all current staff members. Sites are not considered accredited until the documents have been reviewed, fees have been submitted and accreditation has been granted.
Adding A Multiple Site to an Existing IAC Accreditation
Accredited facilities wanting to add a multiple site must submit the completed Multiple Site Supplemental Application via traceable mail (i.e., UPS, FedEx) to IAC Echocardiography, (6021 University Blvd, Suite 500, Ellicott City, MD, 21043). Upon receipt of all required materials, the accreditation decision will be made at the next monthly IAC Board of Director’s meeting. If the added multiple site is accepted into the facility's accreditation, accreditation for the added multiple site will expire when the facility’s original accreditation expires.