About IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation
The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredit facilities that perform cardiac electrophysiology procedures by ensuring that the facility meets quality benchmarks based on published clinical guidelines, best practices and outcomes. IAC accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
The IAC provides facility accreditation specific to cardiac electrophysiology procedures in the following areas:
- Testing and Ablation
- Device Implantation (Facilities may apply for accreditation in Device Implantation only)
- Chronic Lead Extraction (Option is only available, in addition to Device Implantation, when also applying for Testing and Ablation)
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle: The application fee ($6,000) covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Application Review: The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
Accreditation Decisions: After the review process has been completed, the facility will be notified of the accreditation decision via a notification letter that may be downloaded from the Online Accreditation portal. Read more»
Sponsoring Organizations: Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP); Heart Rhythm Society (HRS); Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiology Society (PACES).
Join the IAC Mailing List: Get important information from the IAC delivered directly to your inbox! Receive important news in your inbox, receive invitations for live webinars and learn about other important IAC updates. Sign up»
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Cardiac Electrophysiology
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool