About IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation
IAC accredit facilities that perform cardiac electrophysiology procedures by ensuring that the facility meets quality benchmarks based on published clinical guidelines, best practices and outcomes. IAC accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
The IAC provides facility accreditation specific to cardiac electrophysiology procedures in the following areas:
- Testing and Ablation*
- Device Implantation
- Chronic Lead Extraction*
- (New!) Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion (LAAO)*
*Not applicable when applying for Device Implantation only
Special Recognition at HRS 2020
As part of our continued partnership to recognize and promote quality patient care in cardiac electrophysiology labs, IAC and HRS are proud to announce a special recognition program. The first 40 labs* to earn IAC accreditation will receive a special recognition award at the 2020 Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions in San Diego, CA in May. Learn more below about how to get started or contact e-mail Frank Vermeiren for assistance.
*Facilities must submit an application by February 14, 2020 to qualify. Currently accredited labs adding a testing area or applying for reaccreditation will be included.
Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle
The accreditation fee ($6,000 … Cardiac Electrophysiology [includes Device Implantation, Testing and Ablation and Chronic Lead Extraction]; $2,000 … Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion [LAAO] per three-year cycle) is due at the time of online application submission. View complete IAC fee structure»
Application Review & Decisions
The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
- Upcoming Accreditation Webinars (Free CE Credit)
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Cardiac Electrophysiology
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool