Case Study / Supporting Documentation Submission & Review
Once the application is submitted via the Online Accreditation account, four cases from the submitted procedure log will be randomly selected by the IAC for review if the facility is applying in Device Implantation only. If the facility is applying in Device Implantation + Testing and Ablation, the IAC will randomly select two Device Implantation and two Testing and Ablation cases from the submitted procedure log. If the facility also applies in Chronic Lead Extraction, an additional case will be selected from the log. The Medical Director, Nurse Manager and Technical Manager identified in the application will be notified that the application was received and which procedures have been selected for submission.
Once your facility has been notified by the IAC of which cases have been selected, the case study documentation listed below must be uploaded to the Online Accreditation account within 30 days.
- Cardiovascular assessment pre-procedure documentation
- Cardiovascular assessment post-procedure documentation
- Pre-procedural 12 lead ECG
- Documentation of post-procedural rhythm
- Patient history and physical documentation
- Nurse monitoring report during the procedure
- Anesthesia monitoring report during the procedure
- When appropriate, most recent pertinent reports from prior Cardiac Electrophysiology testing
- Cardiac Electrophysiology procedure report
Upload Supporting Documentation
- Log into the Online Accreditation account;
- Proceed to the Applications tab and scroll to the applicable application;
- Beneath the application there will be a ‘Case Information’ section listing all required case studies; click the Start button to the left of each case study to begin uploading the required documentation.
All required documentation must be submitted for each procedure before the review of the application can continue.
Case Study Review Process
Once the case study documentation has been received in the IAC office, the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology staff will continue the review process and evaluate the submitted case studies.
An accreditation decision will generally be rendered within 8-12 weeks from the date the online portion of the application was submitted.