MARCH 23, 2020 UPDATE | IAC is Operational and Accepting Applications
During COVID-19 mitigation efforts, we are committed and prepared to continue all operations including providing assistance with questions about your facility’s accreditation application. Facilities due to apply for reaccreditation should reference correspondence within their online portal accounts for details of extensions of accreditation.
MARCH 13, 2020 UPDATE | The IAC is monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it has the potential to affect your facility, your patients and/or your accreditation status.
IAC is following all recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as local government agencies.
IAC remains focused on providing continued service, therefore, we are taking necessary steps to ensure your facility receives the same level of quality and customer service during this difficult time. We understand that meeting the needs of your patients is your top priority. The IAC staff will continue to assist your facility quickly and efficiently. Please contact the IAC at 800-838-2110 or via e-mail using the staff directory on our website (www.intersocietal.org/iac/contact.htm).
At this time, we strongly encourage facilities to electronically submit case study material and correspondence within your facility’s IAC application. As of March 13, 2020, the IAC has implemented the following steps to ensure your facility’s accreditation status remains uninterrupted:
- IAC will grant extensions to facilities with upcoming expiration dates for current and delayed applications, as needed.
- Due to the overwhelming cancellations of several upcoming and future society annual meetings, the IAC will grant a one-year extension to fulfill the necessary CE/CME requirements.
- Facilities scheduled for an upcoming site visit will be rescheduled. Affected facilities will be notified by IAC via e-mail.
- IAC staff are available to address reimbursement concerns. Please direct any urgent reimbursement concerns to email@example.com.
- IAC will provide an extension of the completion of the annual physicist survey requirement up to 6 months. More details»
IAC takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. We want to ensure you that we are here to help you during this challenging time. IAC will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as new information becomes available.
Resources for COVID-19
General Information & Updates:
- Coronavirus.gov - Latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and answers to common questions.
- USA.gov - Information about what the U.S. Government is doing in response to COVID-19.
- CDC.gov/coronavirus -Public health and safety information from CDC and for the overarching medical and health provider community on COVID-19.
- NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) - Heaalth and safety resources for workers who may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs in Response to COVID-19 | Read»
- Blanket waivers for COVID-19 | Emergency Declaration Health Care Providers Fact Sheet (PDF)
- President Trump Expands Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries During | Read Factsheet»
American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- ASE Statement On COVID-19 | www.asecho.org/ase-statement-covid-19 / Download PDF»
- Webinar: COVID-19 Preparedness for Echo Labs: Insights from the Frontlines | Watch»
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC)
- On-Demand Webinar - COVID-19 Preparedness for Nuclear Cardiology Labs: Insights from the US, China and Singapore | Watch»
Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
- HRS has officially launched an open-access COVID-19 Challenges & Solutions resource (www.hrsonline.org/COVID19-Challenges-Solutions) to support the EP community during the COVID-19 crisis. The HRS COVID-19 Rapid Response Task Force has posted its initial installment of information, which includes recommendations for managing EP procedures and clinics.
Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
- Vascular Laboratory Responses During the COVID-19 Pandemic | Read»
Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
- The Evolving Pandemic of COVID-19 and Interventional Cardiology | Read»
- Catheterization Laboratory Considerations During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: From ACC’s Interventional Council and SCAI | Read»
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI)
- COVID-19 and Ventilation/Perfusion (V/Q) Lung Studies | Read»