JUNE 22, 2020 UPDATE | Status of Certificate Packets for Facilities Granted IAC Accreditation During COVID-19 Pandemic
Beginning in late March, IAC temporarily suspended shipping the certificate packages to recently granted facilities, which contain the hard-copy certificate of accreditation. Due to COVID-19 mitigation efforts, there was concern over whether medical facilities would be able to accept outside shipments. We are making plans to resume those shipments and anticipate sending certificate packages to affected facilities by late July.
When shipping of the certificate package resumes, IAC is excited to announce that facilities can look forward to receiving additional, new items including a table-top easel backed poster and newly designed accreditation decals for display in your lobby or patient waiting room, as well as a guide to help you market your facility’s accreditation. While you await receipt of your facility’s certificate package, you have the option to download and print a virtual Certificate of Accreditation and/or 8.5x11 poster for your lobby or waiting area.
To access the digital items, (1) login to the secure Online Accreditation portal at www.iaconlineaccreditation.org; (2) select the Applications tab; (3) under your GRANTED application, there should be a yellow star icon under the Available Actions column to view the Marketing Kit; (4) click on the star icon to prompt a new window within the portal containing complete instructions on how to download the digital marketing materials (i.e., virtual Certificate, printable poster, applicable Seal of Accreditation and customized press release and media list form). For assistance with downloading any of the items in the Digital Marketing Kit, please e-mail the IAC at email@example.com.
APRIL 13, 2020 UPDATE | During COVID-19 mitigation efforts, the IAC is committed to serving our customers and is prepared to continue all operations while our staff works remotely. Facilities submitting are strongly encouraged to upload all materials (including case studies) using the IAC’s HIPAA-compliant, secure medical image sharing service (ImageShare). Uploading materials will enable more rapid processing of your facility’s application. Our staff is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the upload process. While the IAC continues to accept case studies and other materials that are shipped to our office via traceable carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.), this method is considered less optimal at this time. Thank you for your ongoing participation in the IAC accreditation process. Our staff is here to provide support and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you to achieve accreditation/reaccreditation for your facility.
APRIL 7, 2020 UPDATE | Statement from the Board of Directors of the IAC Vascular Testing Division - Limited Examinations During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Read»
MARCH 23, 2020 UPDATE | IAC is Operational and Accepting Applications
During COVID-19 mitigation efforts, we are committed and prepared to continue all operations including providing assistance with questions about your facility’s accreditation application. Facilities due to apply for reaccreditation should reference correspondence within their online portal accounts for details of extensions of accreditation.
MARCH 13, 2020 UPDATE | The IAC is monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it has the potential to affect your facility, your patients and/or your accreditation status.
IAC is following all recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as local government agencies.
IAC remains focused on providing continued service, therefore, we are taking necessary steps to ensure your facility receives the same level of quality and customer service during this difficult time. We understand that meeting the needs of your patients is your top priority. The IAC staff will continue to assist your facility quickly and efficiently. Please contact the IAC at 800-838-2110 or via e-mail using the staff directory on our website (www.intersocietal.org/iac/contact.htm).
At this time, we strongly encourage facilities to electronically submit case study material and correspondence within your facility’s IAC application. As of March 13, 2020, the IAC has implemented the following steps to ensure your facility’s accreditation status remains uninterrupted:
- IAC will grant extensions to facilities with upcoming expiration dates for current and delayed applications, as needed.
- Due to the overwhelming cancellations of several upcoming and future society annual meetings, the IAC will grant a one-year extension to fulfill the necessary CE/CME requirements.
- Facilities scheduled for an upcoming site visit will be rescheduled. Affected facilities will be notified by IAC via e-mail.
- IAC staff are available to address reimbursement concerns. Please direct any urgent reimbursement concerns to email@example.com.
- IAC will provide an extension of the completion of the annual physicist survey requirement up to 6 months. More details»
IAC takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. We want to ensure you that we are here to help you during this challenging time. IAC will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as new information becomes available.
Resources for COVID-19
General Information & Updates:
- Coronavirus.gov - Latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and answers to common questions.
- USA.gov - Information about what the U.S. Government is doing in response to COVID-19.
- CDC.gov/coronavirus -Public health and safety information from CDC and for the overarching medical and health provider community on COVID-19.
- NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) - Health and safety resources for workers who may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs in Response to COVID-19 | Read»
- Blanket waivers for COVID-19 | Emergency Declaration Health Care Providers Fact Sheet (PDF)
- President Trump Expands Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries During | Read Factsheet»
American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- AAN’s COVID-19 Neurology Resource Center | www.aan.com/COVID19
American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- AIUM COVID-19 Resources | Read»
- Webcast: COVID-19: Transducer Cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment | Watch»
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- COVID-19 Information Clearinghouse | www.ardms.org/covid-19-CLEARINGHOUSE
*Brought to you by an alliance of sonography organizations (AIUM, ARDMS, ASE, IAC, JRC-CVT, JRC-DMS, SDMS and SVU)
American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- ASE Statement On COVID-19 | www.asecho.org/ase-statement-covid-19 / Download PDF»
- Specific Considerations for the Protection of Patients and Echocardiography Service Providers When Performing Perioperative or Periprocedural Transesophageal Echocardiography During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Council on Perioperative Echocardiography Supplement to the Statement of the American Society of Echocardiography | Read»
- Specific Considerations for Pediatric, Fetal, and Congenital Heart Disease Patients and Echocardiography Service Providers During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Council on Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Supplement to the Statement of the American Society of Echocardiography | Read»
- Specific Considerations for Sonographers When Performing Echocardiograms During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Supplement to the American Society of Echocardiography Statement | Read»
- Webcast: ASE Statement on Protection of Patients and Echocardiography Service Providers During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Your Questions Answered | Watch»
- Webcast: COVID-19 Preparedness for Echo Labs: Insights from the Frontlines | Watch»
- Webcast: Pediatric, Fetal, and Congenital Heart Disease Statement on COVID-19 | Watch»
American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR)
- ASNR COVID-19 Task Force | Read»
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC)
- ASNC COVID-19 Resource Center | Read»
- ASNC Guidance and Best Practices e-Poster»
- On-Demand Webinar - COVID-19 Preparedness for Nuclear Cardiology Labs: Insights from the US, China and Singapore | Watch»
- Guidance and Best Practices for Nuclear Cardiology Laboratories during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: An Information Statement from ASNC and SNMMI | Read»
- Guidance and Best Practices for Reestablishment of Non-Emergent Care in Nuclear Cardiology Laboratories During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: An Information Statement from ASNC, IAEA and SNMMI | Read»
- Mo-99 Supply Update: Shortages Possible in Some Areas | Read»
American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- COVID-19 Resources for Radiologic Technologists and Students | Read»
Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- COVID-19 Neurology Resource Center | www.cns.org/covid-19
Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
- HRS has officially launched an open-access COVID-19 Challenges & Solutions resource (www.hrsonline.org/COVID19-Challenges-Solutions) to support the EP community during the COVID-19 crisis. The HRS COVID-19 Rapid Response Task Force has posted its initial installment of information, which includes recommendations for managing EP procedures and clinics.
- On Demand Webinar - HRS/ACC/AHA COVID-19 Cardiac EP Guidance: Resources & Video Interview | Watch»
Society for Vascular Medicine (SVM)
- SVM COVID-19 Resources | View»
Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
- Vascular Laboratory Responses During the COVID-19 Pandemic | Read»
Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
- On Demand Webinar - TAVR and COVID-19: Latest Society Guidance and Experiences From the US and Canada | Watch»
- The Evolving Pandemic of COVID-19 and Interventional Cardiology | Read»
- Catheterization Laboratory Considerations During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: From ACC’s Interventional Council and SCAI | Read»
- SecondsCount® | What Cardiovascular Disease Patients Need to Know About COVID-19 | Read»
Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT)
- SCCT COVID-19 Response | scct.org/page/COVID-19
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI)