About IAC MRI Accreditation
IAC MRI accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC MRI accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
Types of Accreditation Offered
- cardiovascular MRI
- breast MRI
- body MRI [chest (non-cardiac), abdomen, pelvis]
- musculoskeletal MRI
- neurological MRI
Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC MRI accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review.
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle
The $3,100 application fee (includes one unit and ALL six MRI testing areas) covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Application Review & Decisions
The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - MRI
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CE Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool
- Sponsoring Organizations