Case Study Requirements - GNM & PET
General Nuclear Medicine
The General Nuclear Medicine (GNM) case study submission requirements will be automatically calculated based on the information entered in the online application.
A minimum of four (maximum of 12) cases will be required.
If applying in one GNM area, four cases are required. If applying in more than one GNM area, two cases from each area are required.
All case studies must be abnormal.
- Endocrine/Endocrine non imaging
- Hematopoietic, Reticuloendothelial, Lymphatic/Pulmonary/Central Nervous System
PET (Oncologic, Neurologic and Cardiac)
If applying for one area of PET accreditation (oncology, neurology or cardiology) submit four abnormal cases (for cardiology one case study may be normal).
If applying for accreditation in more than one area of PET, submit two abnormal cases for each area performed.
PET Cardiology Images to Submit:
- Movie (cine) of gated slices (to view wall motion)
- Reconstructed stress-rest slices (gray scale and color)
- Calculated LVEF and time volume curve
- Gated slices in end diastole and end systole
- Quantitative data, polar maps, etc.
- Rest emission/transmission or CT registration images (3 planes)
- Stress emission/transmission or CT registration images (3 planes)
If Flow is Performed:
- Images of flow with ROIs
- Flow curves
- Quantitative rest and stress flow and myocardial flow reserve