About IAC Vein Center Accreditation
IAC Vein Center accreditation is a means by which facilities can evaluate and demonstrate the level of patient care they provide. IAC Vein Center accreditation is granted for a three-year period from the original date of decision.
Facilities with the capability to provide at least two of the four following procedures are eligible to apply:
- Saphenous Vein Ablation (may include surgical, endovenous thermal, endovenous non-thermal and/or ultrasound-guided chemical ablation)
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy / Powered Phlebectomy
- Non-Operative Management of Chronic Venous Insufficiency with Ulceration (wound care including: debridement/bandaging and compression therapy)
Need Help Getting Started? Register for an Upcoming Webinar!
Designed to serve facilities as an educational tool, IAC Vein Center accreditation is made up of two crucial steps.
- Review of the Standards: First, facilities conduct a self-evaluation by reviewing the IAC Standards. Standards are the minimum requirements to which an accredited facility is held accountable. Download the Standards»
- Completion of the Online Application: Second, facilities utilize IAC Online Accreditation to complete and submit their application. Completion of the application requires detailed information on all aspects of facility operation as well as the submission of actual case studies for review. Read more about case studies»
Cost Per Three-Year Cycle
The $6,000 application fee covers each three-year accreditation cycle and is to be paid when the facility submits their finalized application to the IAC. View complete IAC fee structure»
Application Review & Decisions
The application review process generally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks to complete, at which time the decision is provided to the facility. Read more»
- Upcoming Accreditation Webinars (Free CE Credit)
- Sample Documents
- Accreditation Checklist - Vein Center
- IAC On Demand Webcasts
- CME Opportunities
- IAC Accredited Facilities Locator
- IAC QI MOC Activity
- IAC QI Self-Assessment Tool
- Sponsoring Organizations