IAC Vein Center - Newsroom
Proposed Changes to IAC Vein Center Standards to be Revised and Reposted for Public Comment Period
APRIL 18, 2019 | On February 15, 2019, the IAC posted several proposed revisions to the IAC Standards & Guidelines for Vein Center Accreditation for a 60-day public comment period. After receiving numerous comments and feedback on the proposed additions to the required training and experience pathway for Advanced Practice Providers performing ambulatory phlebectomy with tumescent anesthesia, the IAC will make additional revisions to this important Standard to better serve the vein center community. A revision to Advanced Practice Providers performing ambulatory phlebectomy with tumescent anesthesia and new Advanced Practice Providers training and experience pathways will be developed. A new comment period will be announced in the coming weeks.
Proposed Changes to IAC Vein Center Standards Open for Public Comment Through April 15, 2019
FEBRUARY 15, 2019 | In keeping with the IAC's continued commitment to streamlining and simplifying the accreditation process, we are pleased to announce that the public has the opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the IAC Standards & Guidelines for Vein Center Accreditation.
The Standards are reviewed periodically by the IAC Vein Center Board of Directors and revised as needed. As a component to the accreditation process, proposed Standards that have been approved by the Board of Directors are then posted to the IAC website for a 60-day public comment period. These proposed Standards include changes to the current Standards and/or the addition of new Standards.
To Submit a Comment on Proposed Standards:
- Visit the IAC comment period website at intersocietal.org/iac/comment _period.htm#vein or click the button below;
- Select the proposed Vein Center Standard you wish to comment on;
- A window will expand with the description of the Standard and the proposed change on the left;
- On the right, fill in your name and comment in the boxes provided;
- Hit Submit.
At the close of the comment period, the IAC Vein Center Board of Directors will review all submitted comments, consider modifications as needed and vote for final approval of the Standards. The approved Standards will be posted to the IAC Vein Center website and available for download at intersocietal.org/vein/seeking/vein_standards.htm.
News Archive (Articles Prior to 2019)
2017 (click on the article name to view PDF)
2016 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 10-2016 | Proposed Changes to IAC Vein Center Standards Now Open for Public Comment - This Comment Period is Now Closed
- 2-2016 | IAC Announces New Chief Executive Officer
2015 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 8-2015 | IAC Vein Center Releases Updates to Standards - New Standards Effective August 3, 2015
- 4-2015 | Proposed Changes to IAC Vein Center Standards Now Open for Public Comment - Comment Period Now Closed
- 2-2015 | IAC Vein Center Releases Updates to Standards
- 1-2015 | IAC Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Management System and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Certifications
2014 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-2014 | IAC Staff Recognized at Society for Vascular Ultrasound's 2014 Annual Conference
- 11-2014 | Proposed Changes to IAC Vein Center Standards Now Open for Public Comment - Comment Period Now Clsoed
2013 (click on the article name to view PDF)
- 11-2013 | IAC Vein Center Now Accepting Online Applications
- 10-2013 | Congratulations to IAC Forum Essay Winners
- 10-2013 | IAC Earns ISO 9001:2008 and 27001:2005 Certifications
- 10-2013 | IAC Publishes Standards for Vein Center Accreditation Program
- 9-2013 | New Officers Elected to IAC Vein Center Board of Directors