Reimbursement & the Vein Center: An Overview
The IAC receives numerous phone calls and e-mails each week from individuals who are concerned with their compliance to insurance carriers’ payment policies.
A listing of payment policies of which the IAC is currently aware can be found on this website under Payment Policies.
The IAC Does:
- Attempt to stay abreast of payment policies as a service to the vein center community.
- Communicate information to facilities about payment policies (through the IAC website, articles and other mailings to facilities).
- Employ knowledgeable staff to assist facilities with basic questions about payment policies.
- Provide, upon request, the same information to insurance carriers as we publish in the accredited facility listing on the website.
The IAC Does Not:
- Establish rules or regulations for the insurance carriers.
- Have the authority to make decisions regarding implementation dates, extensions, etc.
- Have responsibility for notifying providers of venous evaluation and management services of payment policies.
- Enter or modify information entered under the reimbursement section of the Online Accreditation portal.